Spring - Tee Pee Ridge

Spring - Tee Pee Ridge
Spring - Tee Pee Ridge

Friday, November 14, 2014

Blurry Faith



We are blessed with faithful pray warriors and financial supporters! Today I was asked what we need that can be sent to us in a care package. What do we need? Are we lacking in something important that would make our daily lives better? Right now, I am baking cookies and listening to a sermon online from our home church.  This is how Pastor Chris started his sermon:

          What immediately comes to mind when I say the word, ‘Money?’ / Have you ever been 
anxious when it comes to money? / Have you ever purchased something too expensive for you simply because it was popular? / Finish this sentence: If I only had a little bit more money I’d _________________ / What is the one possession that you don’t think you could live without? 

There has to be something we need because, after all, we gave up a lot of our material possessions to come serve at Victory.  Chris misses his tools he left behind on a daily basis. My heart searches for what we do need. I can't come up with anything that seems worthy to send. Sure our windows and doors let in a lot of cold air, but that's how it is in these old camp houses. We didn't expect a new, up to date, home. No, we are OK with our windows and doors. Oh, and what a beautiful view God has given through these big old windows! The sunsets and sunrises are spectacular. I am always saying, "Liam, come look out the window!" I tried to capture it last night in the photo above. I was unable to do it justice and couldn't seem to get the word FAITH to be clear. What do we need? Now I know.We have it all already in abundance. We know God has planted us here to  make His word NOT blurry to each person we see each day. Chris shared God's word and love yesterday with the young man who came to clean our septic system. He is a veteran of war who served in Afghanistan. One year ago he was homeless. How can that be? What does he need? Today he has a job and maybe Jesus too. Perhaps that is why Chris spent a good portion of his day with him and didn't get to fixing the leaky sink that needed his attention or the electric wall heater that won't turn on for guests coming today. That is why he didn't make it home for lunch until 3 pm. He was hungry but more excited to tell me about the young veteran he met. As I was writing this the phone rang and it was an older man looking for his sister whom  he hadn't seen in years. She was married to a Mock in Alaska. He was calling from South Carolina. I explained to him we didn't know any Mocks here, but encouraged him and said I would pray for him. He shared with me that that sure meant a lot to him and didn't we need more of God's encouraging words each day! Wow, tears came to my eyes. The phone number on caller ID said private caller. Maybe it was God!

We are blessed beyond comprehension with the clear word of our heavenly Father. What an awesome God He is. We can trust God and know He will provide for all our needs - Amen.


 The sunlight barely shines above the ridge line - soon there will be no direct sunlight until the middle/end of January. God's word will bath us in His light!



This Dutch lace hangs in our arctic entryway/laundry room/ storage area. The little bit of light shining through our old windows and over the ridge captures God's word!


Victory in God's Word


No comments:

Post a Comment