The sermon message last Sunday was on sin. A huge, never ending, deep, and redundant topic - right? After church we enjoyed a soup/salad potluck lunch. Seated at our round table were Chris and I and 8 youths between the ages of 15 and 21. I casually stated we should just hand out "
red cards" as in soccer matches to people when they sinned. The cards would indicate they needed to check their behavior whether in action or speech. The kids all thought that was a great idea and pretty soon we were all guilty of receiving a
red card! How can that be? We were all friends and of all things inside a church. The point I'm making is obvious, we sin often and maybe need to check what we say or do before we speak. Words can cut and make deep wounds, That is why a
red card, not blue or yellow. Jesus'
blood on the cross was to cover our sins - He paid the ultimate price! Now, how about
green cards - you know, for Godly encouragement?
No comments:
Post a Comment